LinkedIn has recently released its top 20 fastest-growing job roles in Canada, and Growth Marketing Manager tops the on-the-rise list. If the role doesn’t sound too familiar to you, let’s learn what a growth marketing manager does,
Growth marketing managers work with sales, marketing and communications teams to develop marketing and communication strategies to help grow their companies’ business revenue.
A growth marketing manager will design and implement data-driven growth initiatives when working cross-functionally with the product management, design, and marketing teams. The role will monitor and manage our social media and web analytics and develop insightful reports for teams and superiors.
These are the most common responsibilities of a growth marketing manager.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of growth marketing campaigns, with a focus on content marketing, social media marketing, and paid advertising
- Develop a unified approach to the company’s overall marketing efforts in collaboration with the social media, product, and design teams
- Create brand marketing campaigns (in collaboration with relevant internal teams) that will be aimed at increasing brand awareness and engaging with existing audiences
- Stay on top of the latest trends and emergent issues in our industry (business model changes, new tools, products, and features)
- Leverage analytic tools (Google Analytics, Think with Google, and Google Trends) during market research to find ways to enhance the company’s marketing efforts
- Ensure the company blog, social media accounts, and website are continuously updated and optimized to provide a great user experience.
- Compile performance reports to brief executive leadership on marketing initiatives and product performance and provide recommendations on improvement strategies
Growth marketing managers must be versatile. They must remain product-focused while making data-driven decisions to add value to the customer experience. Therefore, they cannot rely on their gut instinct; instead, they require a broad range of soft and hard skills that allow them to move effortlessly from one aspect of marketing to another.
The most common skills to possess to become a growth marketer include the following:
– B2B Marketing
– Email marketing
– Google Analytics
– Lead generation
– Digital Marketing
We offer you a Diploma in Graphic, Web Design and Digital Marketing to start a career as a growth marketer. This unique program will help you gain a combination of graphics, web design and digital marketing skills extensively so that you will have added value to bring to your subsequent employment as soon as you graduate. Enroll in the next intake, and get in touch with one of our student advisors to discuss funding opportunities!