The working world today is fast-paced and constantly evolving. You are required to upgrade yourself to keep up. Short courses will help fill gaps in your knowledge and give you a competitive edge. Check out other reasons why you should take an online short course this year!
1. You’ll gain the relevant skills and experiences needed for your new career path in a much shorter time frame.
Employers will see value when hiring someone who has recently completed a diploma or short course as they will be impressed with your recently learned knowledge and practical skills required for the position. Seeking employment in a new industry or returning to the workforce? A short course can open doors to opportunities and in some instances, are mandatory and industry specific.
2. You’ll have all the flexibility of learning
Short courses allow you to study at your own pace and within a schedule that best suits you. You are not restricted to a specific tertiary timetable or calendar and it also allows you to work part-time or full-time without dealing with a hectic schedule. No matter what type of skill you need to enhance, you will be able to find a course that complements your schedule. There’s no need to disrupt your career to upgrade yourself.
3. You’ll save up on costs and time
It’s one of our favourite reasons why you should sign up for a short course! Online courses are usually significantly more affordable than other on-site classes. You won’t need to spend gas money and almost no efforts to get you in class. Think about how much time you save and you can allocate to some other activities than traveling and waiting for the next class to catch.
4. You’ll be part of a whole new learning experience
With the development of e-learning methods and constant technology innovation, as well as a growing interest in higher education, online degree courses are adapting to meet the diverse learning needs for all types of students. Distance learners have to stay motivated to complete their online course, figuring out how to best organise their learning schedule. You get to communicate with huge global classes while dedicated forums and social media are great places for out-of-class discussions. Online teachers are also ready to answer student questions outside of class. This also grants great access to diverse shared materials between students. Think about the opportunity to broadening your network globally.
Canada-Ontario Job Grant
If you’re a resident of Ontario, Canada, you may have the benefits of Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) that provides opportunities for employers, individually or in groups, to invest in their workforce, with help from the government.
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides direct financial support to individual employers or employer consortia who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees.
These are the qualifications.
- The training has to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (two or more employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals
- Most organizations acting as an intermediary are eligible for administrative funding equal to 15% of the government contribution.
Learn more about CJOG here
Short courses at Canadian College for Higher Studies
We craft a range of short courses in SAP, Unix, Accounting, and other essential courses in IT & Business, that include all the foundational knowledge and practical skills that you need to stay on top of your career and work more proficiently as a team.
Taking a short course at CCHS, you will:
• be involved in mostly hands-on training, which helps you obtain the required job skills
• be trained by devoted and experienced consultants who combine academic knowledge with ample real-life practical experience
• learn for as short as 72 hours to get you geared up to work more proficiently.