Personal Support Worker
This program will prepare you with the knowledge and skills to provide compassionate personal care when assisting individuals with broad-spectrum conditions and health care needs. You will be focusing on the full range of home support worker, long term care facilities, and health-related services required by individuals with physical disabilities, cognitive impairments, and chronic and acute illnesses.
The skills and knowledge you receive will give you the flexibility to adapt to a variety of settings such as hospitals care setting, homes, schools, community residential agencies, and long-term care homes and or hospitals, or chronic care facilities. You will learn through a hands-on approach to assist clients facilitated by hospital, health professionals, and community health care-experienced faculty members. Additionally, clinical and community setting learning opportunities will allow you to offer direct care to individuals, clients and their families.
Through this Personal Support Worker program, you will gain experience caring for persons across their lifespan and learn to effectively communicate and collaborate with members of an inter-professional health care team.
Duration: 42 weeks
Method of Delivery: Instructor-led training
- PSW Foundations
- Safety and Mobility
- Body Systems
- Assisting with Personal Hygiene
- Abuse and Neglect
- Household Management, Nutrition and Hydration
- Care Planning, Restorative Care, Documentation, Working in the Community
- Assisting the Family, Growth and Development
- Assisting the Dying Person
- Assisting with Medications
- Cognitive and Mental Health Issues and Brain Injuries
- Health Conditions
- Business Communications
- Career Planning & Development
- Clinical Placement (Facility)
- Clinical Placement (Community)
To view the College’s “Bring Your Own Device Policy”, click here.
Email us at [email protected] for a detailed curriculum, admission requirements, start dates and tuition details.