The Government of Canada has put emergency measures to slow the introduction and spread of COVID-19 in Canada. To continue slowing the spread of COVID-19, international students exempt from travel plans to return to Canada for essential and non-discretionary reasons must comply with Canada’s Quarantine Act upon Arrival.
YOU MUST QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS, PROVIDE CONTACT INFORMATION, AND MONITOR YOURSELF FOR SYMPTOMS SUBJECT TO THE MINIMIZING THE RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 IN CANADA ORDER (MANDATORY ISOLATION) NO. 3.
If a student or member of the Canadian College of Higher Studies, please refer to the following checklist:
- Ensure that all travelers must self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival in Canada; thus, all arrangements for accommodation should be made prior to your arrival
- If a student needs assistance Canadian College has readily
- Ensure you have a suitable place of quarantine that has the necessities of life.
- Go directly to your place of quarantine without delay and stay there for 14 days from the date you arrived in Canada.
- Avoid living areas like hostels and residences with shared living accommodations as these are not acceptable for quarantine or isolation
- You must wear a suitable non-medical mask or face covering while in transit.
- arrange for private, safe transportation from the airport to your place of accommodation and be sure to obtain the name and phone number of the individual providing service
- Purchase a prepaid SIM card that is compatible with your cell phone and for use in Canada; so, you can communicate with your accommodations
- Practice physical distancing always
If students, staff, or faculty start to develop symptoms within 14 days of your quarantine, you must:
- Isolate yourself from others as soon as you notice your first symptom
- Immediately call a healthcare professional or public health authority to discuss your symptoms and travel history, and follow their instructions carefully