Oracle Database 11g: Introduction to SQL
This course covers creating indexes and constraints, and altering existing schema objects. Additionally, participants learn how to create and query external tables. In order to query and manipulate data within the database, to use the dictionary views to retrieve metadata and create reports about their schema objects, participants get to understand the advanced features of SQL. Some of the date-time functions available in the Oracle Database are also covered. This course also discusses how to use the regular expression support in SQL.
For this course, the main development tool used is Oracle SQL Developer.
SQL*Plus is available as an optional development tool.
- Introduction to Oracle Database
- Retrieve Data using the SQL SELECT Statement
- Learn to Restrict and Sort Data
- Usage of Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
- Invoke Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
- Aggregate Data Using the Group Functions
- Display Data From Multiple Tables Using Joins
- Use Sub-queries to Solve Queries
- The SET Operators
- Data Manipulation Statements
- Use of DDL Statements to Create and Manage Tables
- Other Schema Objects
- Control User Access
- Management of Schema Objects
- Manage Objects with Data Dictionary Views
- Manipulate Large Data Sets
- Data Management in different Time Zones
- Retrieve Data Using Sub-queries
- Regular Expression Support
|Tuition||Please call 416.850.1456 or email [email protected] for more information.|